Your  Account:

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How can I apply for the reduced tuition scholarship at CSUSM?

    Simply submit your application to California State University San Marcos at Cal State Apply. If you are granted admission to CSUSM, you will automatically be considered for the WUE scholarship. WUE Scholarships are awarded based on academics, and scholarship recipients will be notified in an acceptance letter.

  2. How many years is the award good for? Do I need to reapply each year?

    Students can retain their WUE scholarship until completion of a baccalaureate degree. However, they must be continuously enrolled as a full-time student and maintain good academic standing. You do not need to reapply once you have been granted the WUE scholarship.

  3. Can you establish residency in California and pay the WUE tuition rate at CSUSM?

    No.  WUE participants are not eligible to become California residents.

  4. Are WUE scholarships awarded to an unlimited number of students each year?

    No. A limited number of WUE awards will be available to first-time freshmen enrolling in the fall. These awards are competitive and will be given to the highest ranking applicants in the College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral & Social Sciences (CHABBS); the College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (CSTEM); and the College of Education, Health and Human Services (CEHHS).